View Single Post
Old 2007-12-28, 03:16   Link #33
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

4/10.

Not impressed.

Poor pacing, poor execution, scatterbrained script, and reliance on tired workshop formulas convince me to rate this show harshly. It doesn't really offend me that much, but its crime is that it utterly fails to distinguish itself from any sort of mediocrity. Like somebody earlier in the thread, I had been consuming large quantities of romance-related entertainment lately, and I think I'm in a good position to judge them; and this show, well, fails. I'll forget about it in a week easy, probably three days or so.

Random points to illustrate my disappointment in more detail:

- a generic ending. No, not just generic, it's poorly-executed genericness. Extra fail for terrible adult character designs for the teenage protagonists. Nanaka is acceptable. Sana is lawl, wut?

- black blood is black. Censorship issue aside, if my first thought was confusion at looking at the black water, then you probably fail to convey the situation to your audience in a timely manner.

- characters are plot devices. They readily act out of character just so to fit into the scene. Moreover, they are underdeveloped and more-or-less stereotypes or variations thereof. Quality beats originality; but with neither you're left unfulfilled.

- bad voice-acting. I'm in no position to judge Japanese as a native speaker, not even cartoony Japanese that anime seiyuu's use, but even I feel terribly contrived at it all. Especially Sana's voice-acting, that was horrible.

- plotlines randomly thrown together.

- I've never been a fan of that style of character design.

Etc.

I wasted my time.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote