View Single Post
Old 2009-11-23, 15:38   Link #25
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post

just remembered, mirrodin, oh man that was back when i played broostar... I KNOW broodstar affinity, talk about sad, but I mean turn 2 kill and being able to deal with eternal dragon in sb is pretty bad ass no matter how you think about it. Yea tog standarded then tog in extended was pretty sweet. I haven't played since lorwyn and I stopped playing professionally after mirrodin block but man I don't really enjoy the planeswalkers, since I tend to play control decks, my wrath of god/ damnations don't like planeswalkers at all.
I still have my old affinity deck lying around somewhere (no Broodstar, heh). Could play it in Extended if I removed the Skullclamps and Disciples of the Vault (both are still banned) but there's really no point due to all the hate cards like Ancient Grudge floating around. Not to mention that it's not nearly as explosive compared to other decks as it used to be since they have made creatures much better in general recently. A 4 casting cost but possible to play on turn 1 2/2 creature (Frogmite) doesn't look so impressive compared to a 1 casting cost creature that with dual lands is almost guaranteed to be a 2/2 on turn 1 and a 3/3 on turn 2 (Wild Nacatl).

If you enjoy control you should be glad you quit, control is dead in Standard. This weekend's Worlds Top 8 was entirely aggro decks. Blue was not represented at all except in a Green/White/Blue aggro deck. Creatures are too strong and countermagic/card draw are too weak at the moment. I've typically been an aggro player but the level to which the scale has tipped is pretty disturbing.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote