Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2006-10-07, 15:09   Link #2085
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Seska: I thought I heard that. But I just thought it might be a sound common in such scenes -- which I'm not too familiar with -- and used in both. Of course, as physically unlikely as the sound might have been in Simoun, it is totally impossible in outer space.

Except for the sounds of the simouns -- which were more emotionally effective than physically correct -- I actually thought the sound director of Simoun had some trouble with sound effects. Him being a former seiyuu, I think his forte was getting those wonderful performances from the VAs.

I still enjoyed the first episode of Yoake-mae yori Ruri-iro na Crescent Love, which seems to be a cute little game-conversion romantic comedy with Nabatame Hitomi doing a great job as a rather commanding but romantic moon princess (next in line to the throne) on a homestay with the hero, whose elder female cousin is chief of staff to the president of Earth. The hero's habit of pinching the noses of girls he has a feeling of family closeness with was fairly arresting. Simoun it ain't, lol.

The best animation I've seen so far this season, by the way -- maybe equal to Kanon -- is in Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto, a late-Edo fighting, politics, and magic show. It was amazing.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote