View Single Post
Old 2010-05-04, 06:57   Link #470
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I'm confused by what the actual ending is however, or is there supposed to be the kind of multiple ending situation where Nagisa dies and one where she survives? All I know is I think I started crying about halfway through Episode 18 and didn't stop until about 2 hours later. :x
It's carried over from the game but there are hints in the intro to each episode from the very beginning of the series.

In the game, upon completing each route and achieving the happiness for a character you were awarded an orb of light. It's what Miyazawa talks about with the town's legend.

When happiness is achieved an orb of light appears and anyone who attains one of these orbs is said to get their wish fulfilled.

If you just go back and look at the intros to the episodes you can count the number of orbs, each representing someone Tomoya has helped.

They eventually make the outline of the girl from the dream (Ushio) sleeping next to the tree and when you finished the game - does it turn up with the anime, I can't recall still rewatching at the moment - you can see her doing just that at the title screen.

What I believe is that Tomoya uses the orbs of light he has collected to wish he had never met Nagisa in such saving her from dying in giving birth to Ushio. This is when Nagisa confronts him and he accepts everything that had happened to that point and wishes for Nagisa to be saved.

And the rest is as it plays out.

Someone will be able to come along and blow that completely out of the water but that's what I remember feeling.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote