View Single Post
Old 2013-03-14, 13:59   Link #65
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Saori Hayami sounds so much like Mamiko Noto here. I could have easily mistaken her.
If you're interested, make a point of watching Touka Gettan episode 21, which was written by Noto Mamiko and performed by Hayami Saori. Noto-sensei wrote lines that would have flowed easily off her own tongue and did flow easily off the tongue of the then-16-year-old Hayamin.

True Tears made me a fan of PA Works forever. Nothing since has risen to quite that level for me, but I'm always excited for a new PA Works show.

Sounds to me as if we have a capable director and an excellent writer for this show. To quote my own season preview (now being written, lol): "Veteran director Shinohara Toshiya did various Inuyasha movies, as well as Gunparade Orchestra and Book of Bantorra. Veteran writer Yokote Michiko was lead writer on such shows as Princess Tutu, Genshiken, XXXholic, Squid Girl, and Joshiraku."

EDIT: I just watched the preview stream of episode one, and I'm totally hooked. Intriguing plot. Strong characters. Excellent voicing by Hayamin in particular: her tone of voice as the heroine had me writhing in sympathy with her uncertainty and discomfort. And some excellent scenes and framing.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-03-16 at 20:59. Reason: Do not link to that site here!
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote