View Single Post
Old 2008-01-20, 12:07   Link #9
Orochi
8-headed Dragon.

Send a message via AIM to Orochi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanxue View Post
You didn't disable the h264 inloop deblocking filter did you?

(ffdshow -> codecs -> h.264/avc -> untick both "skip deblocking" boxes)
Nope, those are both still unticked.

Quote:
If you want to improve it, you can look through FFDShow and turn on some of the post-processing options. It should make it look a bit better, but it's not a miracle cure by a long shot. And if the episode was encoded very poorly, you probably won't notice a difference.
I don't know much about what any of the post-processing effects are, tbh. Any suggestions?

Quote:
What codecs have you installed on your system? I suppose we can also go through your FFDShow settings. To make sure that it's an FFDShow setting and not a setting within MPC, try opening the file in a different video player and see if it looks the same.
I set up all my playback and decoding utilities before the existence of the CCCP or whatever, and have maintained them on an individual basis since. Should I wipe all that off and get the CCCP pack? I notice I don't have any of these problems on my laptop, which uses all of the same components except under the CCCP; granted, it's only a 15-inch screen.

Let me try some files under a different media player. Unfortunately, I don't really have many others.

Scratch that, I don't have ANY other players that support .mkv. Should I get something else so we can deduce if it's an MPC problem?

Here's two more examples from files from different formats and groups.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Btw, the thing you mentioned about having a better monitor may or may not be relevant, as I was using a 21-inch CRT before, and am using it as my secondary monitor in a dual-screen configuration now, but as I mentioned earlier in the thread, the files still looked trashy even when I dropped my resolution to like, 600 x 800.

Actually, ew. Upon closer inspection by moving the window back and forth between monitors, the problems I'm noticing are much harder to see on my old monitor. I wonder how long it's been like this.