View Single Post
Old 2012-02-07, 20:01   Link #1070
miketyson

It's interesting how people see things differently. When I look at Kagura, I see him as one of those guys who acts all gangster in public but actually has no job and lives in his mom's basement. Sure, his parents bought him a cool ride, but if he keeps wrecking it they'll get tired of paying for repairs and he'll be stuck at home forum-posting about his hot kuso onna in Canada (erh, I mean in Vega).

I mean he's lost every fight he's been in (twice to rank-amateur Amata, twice to dying-sick-boy Schrade), his bosses and coworkers are always getting the best of him, and he's generally more "left to do this thing" than "too strong to prevent from doing his thing". The only reason he's at all threatening is because Mikono's got a thing for him and there's a vision of them getting married.

This is probably a minor flaw in the writing: if he's supposed to be a real tough guy, it would've been
a good idea to show him winning some fights in Altair, or something. As-is it's just the apparent love-rivalry that makes him something other than a joke like Daryl in GC. Which is too bad, b/c as seemingly a major character he should be more-developed than he currently is.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote