Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-03, 07:02   Link #82
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Man, the potential for this series is off the roof. This very may well end up on my all time favourites list alongside Planetes if I think this is what it's going to be. Can't believe we are gonna get 51 episodes of this. Absolutely brilliant opener. It marked a strong but subtle impression of optimism behind an obvious mask of cynicism. Which is exactly how Planetes started as well. The bigger brother might be cynical now, but mark my words... he's gonna manage to "reach the stars" once the series reaches about the halfway mark, much like Hachimaki from Planetes started of as a cynical space junk collector to later becoming one of the most prominent figures in that story's history. If I think this is what it is, this is gonna be one of those underdog but optimistic, achieving your dreams whilst facing massive hurdles along the way type of series. In others words, completely my type of story.

Perfect 10/10 for this opening episode. Damn... I can't remember the last time I did... (oh nvm Hanasaku Iroha.. but fwak you PA and your episode 3 . But I'm sure Uchuu Kyoudai won't be like this :3. And aside from that I can't remember an opening ep I rated 10/10 lol)

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-04-03 at 08:01.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote