View Single Post
Old 2013-01-30, 18:14   Link #2200
Requiem-x
The slacking one

The animation was quite dodgy this time around, but other than that, everything was great. Everything was adapted very well, from Arata telling Harue she'll keep her beloved tie all the way to the finals (Arata sounded like the one with the pants on the relatonship, which is awesome), her flashback, FunaQ's crazy rape faces, and of course, Mairu's moment of total badassery (no fishing while I'm here!), and on that subject, is Mairu a total badass or what? It feels so good that no team is here as mere filler, it's a full on brawl!

Once again, we see that changing styles is the key to stay alive in the nationals, or at least, a very good thing to do if possible, and since Arata's ability is skill based instead of supernatural, she can do it with no problem, and pays a little tribute to her beloved Haru-chan while at it.

Next time, the supernova finally strikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm of two minds on the limit/bondage/key ability of those two girls. On the one hand, its certainly pretty creative and intricate and allows for some rather engaging bits of animation. OTOH, part of me can't help but think "Wow, they're really having to dig deep to come up with new mahjong superpowers at this point, aren't they?"
I think it should be the other way around. Why did it take them this long to create a power based on yuri love?

While on the subject, was anyone else impressed with how naughty Himeko's voice was during her... episodes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Anyway, I like how the mighty Teru team is actually on the verge of slipping into 2nd place. That creates some compelling drama! That's quite the massive lead they've seen evaporate, and if I was Teru, I might be a bit pissed right now. It's made the rest of Teru's team seem a bit underwhelming compared to the hype, but I guess that was unavoidable for sheer math reasons after the massive lead Teru built up for her team.
Totally agree with the drama part, it's nice to see a more free for all kind of competition rather than a struggle for second place. Also, Shiraitodai is still the final team boss, so you can't show them at full power yet, some conditions have to be against them, like harvest girl, who, according to Sera becomes the embodiment of death if she gets the last dealer position.

Also, Teru is a good girl, so she doesn't mind.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote