Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-17, 11:06   Link #16584
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Opinions haven't changed much since then, at least on the right here in the US. Trevelyan's remark in particular reminds me of this recent comment from Republican presidential candidate Michelle Bachmann:

It takes a special view about the nature of God to think he/she/it/whatever is concerned about the US budget deficit. What do you suppose that God might think about the Republican debate attendees who agreed we should let uninsured patients die rather than provide decent health care for all?
And yet, "liberaltarian" Ron is not conservative enough for today's Republicans, since he favors gay marriage, wants to trim the Pentagon's bloated budget, and wants to cut down American military presence overseas. Do you think those last two would fall under Bachmann and Perry's definition of "a morbid obesity diet"? He's practically considered the Antichrist on sites like FreeRepublic.com.

While I am tempted to believe that the Texas wildfires and drought are Amaterasu or Haruhi's punishment for one of Rick Perry's favorite pastors claiming the Japanese Emperor, umm, slept with a demon (really) and brought on this year's tsunami (no offense Vexx, really), I would still prefer to leave the fire and brimstone stuff to the Bible-thumpers. Saying the Texas fires are the result of God's wrath will just encourage Them to say the same thing about the floods in liberal Vermont (I think some already have) and any upcoming major earthquakes on the West Coast. All I know is that we live on a dangerous planet and when these things do happen, if we survive, all we can do is dust ourselves off and extend a helping hand to those who need one.