View Single Post
Old 2012-02-16, 11:24   Link #241
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
As I keep saying, if you pretend all three films are "G.I.Joe: guest-staring the Transformers", the films do work.

It's just that the way the American military have been forced into the plot had become so ridiculous, that there is barely any room left for transformers themselves. You could even say they are no more than weapons wielded by the Americans to crush their enemies. Let's just say the Japanese were rather freaked out at how Optimus carried himself in the last film, and outright calling him no different then a Decepticon.

In the end, that's the best Hollywood had to offer. It's all they got.
I've always wondered about that. Would Bay or anyone have a say in that matter?

I mean in order for him to depict military action scenes he needs access to military vehicles which come from the US military so obviously he has to showboat them. (US propaganda) and this helps out with the budget. I mean that's why most of the autobots were GM vehicles right?

On that end I found the US military a tad too powerful and convenient. There were cases where I was wondering why they kept saying "OMG we need the autobots" because really....they could've beaten the decepticons without the Autobots at all. Granted more would die but then so what?

Then there were cases with Starscream. I mean the first movie was ok since he provided aerial support but was driven off through sheer numers but in the 2nd and 3rd it was like...where the hell are you?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote