View Single Post
Old 2007-04-29, 22:09   Link #1708
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Gotta love how the blogger says the transition showcases "Kyoto Animation's legendary trait of producing high quality shows".

Okay two problems here, first it's not exactly a legendary trait as they haven't done enough series to firmly establish it as a trait, but far far more importantly the concepts of replacing a director and showcasing a trait of producing high quality show have absolutely nothing in common. If anything its shows a blemish on an otherwise good track record, that says "We've really messed up early on". This is not the kind of announcement you make to say "Hey, we rock!"

Good grief, it's like some people will stop at nothing to find reasons to praise the company, no matter what logic busting reasoning is required to do so. That's my two cents.

Still I'll also throw my hat in on the fake play on the Gurren Lagann hacking theory. I'd like to add that:

6. announcing such an important change in a production team on an obscure part of a site lacks class and is unbecoming of an animation studio. The Gurren Lagann announcement was a public one with Akai writing a formal letter in clear site on the companies website to issue his resignation. One would think Kyoto Animation would do both the fanbase and Yasuhiro the respect of doing the same.

If this turns out to be true I will have lost a bit of respect for Kyoto Animation in terms of them having prestige and class, not nearly as much as if it's the Gainax Joke Scenario though (You can add that to my critique of the Kurogane blog post as well. The style in which the announcement was made would show a lack of respect, not a dedication to high quality and prestige). Time will tell.....

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-04-30 at 01:11.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote