View Single Post
Old 2012-05-15, 12:06   Link #28865
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
Oh man, THIS SO MUCH. I was almost always, ALWAYS wanting more narration about the parents. And while Erika makes a point that it's the depth of the prison, not the time spent there, I do find the Shkanon relationships all just ... pale in comparison. Reading Krauss try to feed Natsuhi that candy was just worth all the George proposals in the world.
Erika doesn't know shit. Jessica also makes light of Kyrie's suffering in ep6, which made me kind of tilt my head. Really? Surely Ryukishi doesn't actually believe the suffering of the adults is somehow shallower than the conditions all the kids find themselves in.

Jessica and Yasu have crushes. That's all. If nothing comes of them, it will not be the end of the world unless they stupidly choose to make it so. Krauss and Natsuhi are dancing around financial ruin and trying to keep their family and marriage intact. By any metric, they are suffering in ways that stupid immature children cannot begin to understand. Yes, they are the cause of many of their own problems. So is Yasu. That shouldn't make any difference. Yasu has the unique ability to walk away from everything. She can reject the gold, reject the family, reject all her suitors, continue pretending to be an orphan, take her considerable severance, and go do whatever she wants. She might feel entrapped by her condition and her emotions, but there's a damn sight of difference between feeling entrapped and actually being circumstantially entrapped. And that makes light of the suffering of the adults anyway. Natsuhi feels so cornered she's delusional. But that's because she actually is cornered. How is that any less a thing?
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote