View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 21:19   Link #76
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
but if you know anything about women and love, then you'd know love can turn to hate easily.

Try to guess from 3 guesses why I'm laughing

Pinwheel10
He basically summed it all up for me. Her fights are predictable and boring lately.

Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
When Natsu confronts the end boss of the arc, you already know he's going to win, right? Does that ruin the fight for you, or the ending? Would you rather have seen Erza lose to Azuma, and thus doom Fairy Tail? Would you rather have seen her lose to Midnight and be killed? Would you rather see her lose to Minerva now?

Honest questions here. How would you have done it differently?
Eeeehhhh... YES!

Natsu losing a major fight would be FANTASTIC! Because just like Erza he is predictable. The only real surprise for me was his fight with Gildarts. I really do appreciate it.
In all honesty every single MC is boring since you can predict everything that will happen in next 10 minutes and sometimes much further. The only exception I met so far was Edward Elric and Yomi from Ga-Rei Zero.

Yeh, why not? It would be interesting to see how FT grows from its doom. It would be a different take on the story. Whole power up at the tournament ruined whole purpose of the time skip. Nothing changed at all.

FT has huge lack of deaths, so yeh I wouldn't mind it. Or at least have her suffer serious injury and then see how she struggles to recover and how it affects everyone.

Nah, she can kill Minerva. That loser deserves it.

All of that would make story more entertaining and would give it more depth if done right.
Otherwise it is same thing over and over but in different setting.

FT was good but after around 70 episodes it just got tiresome to see exactly same thing as we have seen before and in many other shounen series.

In all honesty shounen writers are probably the least creative minds in manga industry and as writers over all. Especially modern ones.