View Single Post
Old 2011-05-08, 23:55   Link #1
Paperplane
Guy on the Couch

Question Do you find yourself watching less anime overtime under certain circumstances in life

Well, I know that watching anime series or movies and having a marathon with them is good and all. However as much as I like watching anime, I certainly have been watching less due to circumstances such as University and my casual job for work. Either way, I have managed to still watch some anime currently, particularly 1-2 series at a time due to my life commitments or circumstances. As a result of such important circumstances, I'm starting to get bored of anime in general, unable to go through many episodes and end off doing something else in life. I also feel that I've sort of changed and that anime in general doesn't feel like an addiction or priority anymore in whatever series it is that I'd like to watch. I don't mean to offend anyone, this is after all, just my informed opinion and I'm new to this forum. *Originally from anidb forum as faithful*

Whether people want to admit it or not, some of them can get so caught up in watching as many anime series or movies as possible, just as I did in the past. You focus on broadening your knowledge and entertainment on anime and as such, it can consume you. Although there are some people that have sort of snapped out of it and have generally focused more on real life but still able to have a little of their anime dosage.

Also, I wanted to make another point. The point is that, IMHO, it isn't healthy for anime itself to be the central point of your life. It just isn't. It's just like watching TV all day long, laying in bed, or being on a computer all day long (if it's for your job, nothing you can do about it). You have a treadmill at home? If so, try it out. Walk on it for a good half hour. If not, grab a bike (or buy one) and go around the block. Otherwise just go for a stroll.

You need to do other stuff than just watching anime or sitting on your computer all day. I know how hard it can be to break the addiction. I started watching anime such as DBZ as a kid and my parents used it sort of as a babysitter for when they weren't looking after me. I was about 9 at the time, now I'm nearly 20. So I've had that addiction of watching more and more anime in my life (Although not a lot in total as some veteran viewers here). It makes you a social outcast and puts nothing positive in your life. Trust me, getting into something, anything else, would help. Note that this does not mean that anime as a watching hobby becomes obsolete with life's circumstances, it just makes it less important at such times.

I mean I know some of us aren't the most social or don't fit in. 'This is life sometimes, but we all have to move on with our lives. Anime in a general sense is just cartoons for entertainment and interest. It isn't reality, they're just cartoons but japanese made. We need to realize that at certain times and move beyond it. When anime becomes a passing time or something you watch for entertainment or interest with friends, it becomes a different story. Don't waste your younger years in a virtual world because one day you'll wake up and wish you were young again. So live life instead of letting anime live you.

I'd like to hear your thoughts of if you've been watching less anime currently under whatever commitments or circumstances that you have to undertake in reality.

Last edited by Paperplane; 2011-05-09 at 21:46.
Paperplane is offline   Reply With Quote