View Single Post
Old 2011-05-09, 02:22   Link #2
cyth
Banned

You can has cake and eat it too.

I've had periods where I had to devote a lot of my time to real life, and during that time I've realized that you do need to prioritize your activities and vanquish others. Luckily, anime turned out to remain very near the top of it all, among other things.

Having a job, going to college, having a girlfriend all takes time, but you'll notice certain posters on this forum have all of that and still manage to watch and discuss anime. Many anime fans play a lot of games too, so when real life comes to town they significantly decrease the consumption of one of the two, and it's usually anime. I've seen people leave anime communities because they found love or some other meaning in life, and everytime it happens it pains me because that to me says anime is really just a safe haven for people who have lost their way.

The answer lies in how much time you can spend. A normal person in the west spends 8 hours a day sleeping, 10 hours a day working and commuting (some watch anime/read manga/browse AnimeSuki during their commute), meaning you get to have a full 6 hours to do shit every day, excluding the usually free weekends. Go out to jog, take a shower, cook some food, take care of your girlfriend's/wife's needs,... Now you're left with 3 to 1 hours for your very own interests.

So I'll say it's your own damn fault, your own lack of interest in Japanese cartoons why you're not watching as many. It's a pathetic excuse, not a way to discredit anime as a legit entertainment medium.

Last edited by cyth; 2011-05-09 at 02:33.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote