View Single Post
Old 2008-05-13, 22:39   Link #1099
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
The comparison cannot be made because we're talking about killing here.

Remember what Suzaku said during the Narita fight: "I am a soldier to prevent more killing, even if I hate killing."

That's the dilemna that a soldier can have when he is on the battlefield. Although he himself may not want to kill, that act of "restraint" can lead to more deathes by allowing "terrorists" to do damage. Examples such as the stealing of the "poison gas" capsle shows what Suzaku is against.

Suzaku, unlike your regular civilian who mostly wouldn't have to kill in the first place, is a soldier. His "twisted" logic is the things that any soldiers might face while doing their duty.
That's still not what I'm saying. Using your "killing" reference, it's like this:

Suzaku hates the killing of his own people. So in order to stop the killing of his own people, he is willing to kill more of his own people.

Or

Suzaku hates killing of his own people by the Britannians. So, in order to stop the killing of his own people by the Britannians, he kills his dad, who is one of his own people.

Or

Suzaku hates the usage of innocent people, so in order to stop the usage of innocent people, he uses innocent people in order to protect them from being used.
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote