View Single Post
Old 2010-11-01, 08:23   Link #89
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I have to agree with the people who thought the whole deal was a bit too exaggerated, the first scene in particular: the dramatic rain, the yelling, the crazy faces (huge Higurashi vibes during that part indeed). All of this made it very hard for me to take it seriously.

Thankfully, the rest of the episode was better. While Ayase seemed like a hysterical bitch in the first part, the second part of the episode made it clear she was just genuinely worried for Kirino and profoundly misguided. It's not hard to understand why, considering how demonized otakus are in Japanese society. During his pleading, I wish Kyousuke had at least mentioned that murderers have been (or pretended to be) inspired by all kinds of works in the past: books, songs, movies, etc... Should they all be forbidden? Of course not.

Ayase's reaction to Kirino's rant was kind of funny. I don't know about you, but it wouldn't make me THAT happy to be put on the same level as eroge
Daddy's tsundere moment was also hilarious.

And count me in as one of the people irritated by Kirino's attitude. That's the very first time I've liked the brother more than the sister in an anime. I feel for Kyousuke... even my own sister isn't such a bitch.