View Single Post
Old 2012-07-23, 17:22   Link #1346
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Tl;dr Yuuya and Yui are both being asses to each other.

Imagine what would happen if a white officer said to Yuuya, "You're an embarrassment to white people." But because it's Yui she slides.

I think it's quite obvious at this point that neither of them are keen on being in Alaska. Yui wants to kill BETA. Yuuya wants to gonback to Groom Lake. And I czn sympathise withh his relative lack of combat skill; he's a goddamned test pilot, he job is to push the envelope and check to make sure everything's working as it's supposed to.

Also, while he does have a bit of an attitude, it's not that different from your average fighter jock.

Also, Yui seems to have taken a level in jerkass. She seems to relish cutting down Yuuya at every turn, even when he raises legitimate issues with the Fubuki. I have to wonder how much of the problems she's having with Yuuya are the result of them getting off on the wrong foot. Maybe if she hadn't been such a hardass...
It seem that you're giving Yuuya a free pass, Yui actually went easy on him. Yui could have severely punished Yuuya for the amount of disrespect he has shown her, his superior officer. Instead she rightly gave him a tongue lashing since he was at fault here and could have cost his team their lives.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote