View Single Post
Old 2012-08-06, 23:41   Link #109
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I still don't get all these arguments. Flit is angry, vengeful, and wants to wipe out all the Vegans, and the Vegans are really angry and vengeful, and want to wipe out the Earthers, and Ezelcant is angry, vengeful, and wants to wipe out humanity as we know it.

Why do people treat these similar people as, well, different people?
Because in reality when we have a person whom has actually committed a crime versus someone who said he would commit a crime but hasn't done anything we won't judge them on the same level. Do you give the same sentence to someone whom is a racist and had gone out to murder a handful of black people versus someone who claims to be a racist but just goes around to call black people the N word and say they should die? Of course not. Nor do we hold people spewing hate speech on the same level as people who actually carry out the actions (you know otherwise a lot of pastors today would be responsible for spewing hate speech against gays for example, freedom of speech be damned because it goes both ways).

That's why we don't and shouldn't judge Flit on the same level as Ezelcant or the Vagan military UNTIL he had made his move, which is the whole point of this debate of correcting people like Revolutionist who insists that Flit is as bad (or worse) then the Vagans/Ezelcant when by all rational and reasonable accounts he is not.

tl;dr version:
Flit: spews hate speech but hasn't done anything, hasn't been able to rally people behind him, not even his own children
Ezelcant: spews hate speech and brainwashed generations of Vagans to carry out his sick plan of murdering innocent and weak people to evolve a new human race, secretly kills his own people too
Vagan military: actually carries out Ezelcant's wick plan of murdering civilians

So. Not. The. Same.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote