View Single Post
Old 2013-01-05, 19:39   Link #177
Used Can

Whilst I love yuri, I didn't see the point of it in the OP. Well, fanservice, duh, but still... The song was still terribly generic and, in my opinion, easily forgettable.

As for the episode itself, I thought it was really good. I'd like to start mentioning Chinatsu Akasaki's voice acting. I truly believe she's set to become one of the most popular VAs any time soon. Her voice has enough versatility as shown by her playing Chiwa, Shinka and especially someone as crazy as Yasuna in Kill me Baby. In addition to that, her voice is really endearing too. I hope she starts getting main-character-roles soon. I'm sure she'll do incredibly well.

That aside, I thought Eita's VA did a good job. His voiced fit the character and he played the scenes well. As for Yukarin, she was perfect. I don't know about others, but I do not miss Chiwa Saitou in the slightest. She truly delivered ever single thing I expected from Masuzu.

The plot of the first episode was a good introduction for what the story will be, and established the central focus of the entire story. So, I think it was fun enough to watch and that it was honest enough about what the show will be delivering.

That said, I'm expecting every episode to build on the previous one, and to become even funnier as episodes go by.

One thing I hope for the most is for this anime to attract enough attention to the story, so that the manga scanlations will pick up (nothing against Japanzai, but they are sloooow) and if possible, someone will start translating the LNs.

My only complaint would be Masuzu not doing the Joseph pose properly (she did it in the manga) when taking out Eita's diary. Well, she does it on the OP.