View Single Post
Old 2013-03-06, 05:02   Link #1511
novalysis

Considering we are actually supposedly one third of the way through, that suggests that the final girl is still up in the air. The story could easily evolve into the lines of getting into a relationship with someone far more talented than you, while seeing how it affects a fairly fragile and new circle of friends. The story could easily result in Sena crashing, another set of up in the air interactions, and someone else winning. It could be that Sena get's rejected in a fairly well done manner, that leaves a further confession down the line still on the table.

Rika could win at the end - this is quite believable, mind you, even if the same problem of getting into a relation of someone far "better" than you still crops up. Someone outside the Neighbor Club right now could even win! We haven't even seen Yukimura's story yet. And I suspect that Kate and Maria aren't nuns just as a random, unjustified detail that the writer threw in to add humor.

And I'm not sure whether Yozora wants a romantic relationship, or that of a renewed friendship. A Romantic relationship isn't exactly resetting back to the past....

Finally, we must remember the abysmal record of Childhood friends in this genre. That's not to say that Yozoroa can't buck that trend, but there are so many obstacles in both her personality, her desires and with how her target, Kodaka is that I think at this stage, Yozora is way more likely to get friendzoned, even if Sena crashes out of the picture.

In-fact, I wouldn't be surprise if everyone in the Neighbour's Club get's friendzoned by the end of Volume 11 or 12, for now. Will the club break if Kodaka makes that move? This is what Kodaka fears, I suspect. And, it seems that the Neighbour's Club might not be Kodaka's only friendship circle, indefinitely if the Student Council side plot goes anywhere.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote