View Single Post
Old 2007-12-21, 08:12   Link #20
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Not bad, not bad. Like the rest of us, you are improving with every new work.

Keep it up!
Thankies

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGZERO619 View Post
All in all, it's a very simple and clean presentation which is great. I'm a big fan of music, musical instruments and piano pieces. I used to play competitively in classical music so I have a great respect for the piano. Just a side note, I'm listening to some great piano pieces from Kanon. If you haven't watched that anime, then it's a must see. It's actually Kanon 2006. The album is an all piano album from the anime and it's fantastic. Keep up the great work Marina. You're doing a terrific job and I'm glad to see you excel in photoshop. You've started with baby steps, passed the crawling stage and now walking with your head up high. Again, keep up the terrific job and I look forward to seeing more of your work. Your job is to excel past my work. Happy holidays!

.wz619
Alright, I tried some of the stuff you suggested! Here's a rework of it:

I softened up the bevel/emboss and I moved my name down and over, but the title...AUGHHHH! I sortof cheated w/ it and went the lazy way w/o properly extracting its render and so every time I try to blend it in better, you notice a definite rectangle around the whole evil thing I'm about to toss my hands up in bafflement! What do you find to be the easiest way to extract renders? I went through the as tutorials, like the whole quick mask and pen thingy, but I started out with the good ol' eraser.

As to music:
Spoiler for off-topic!:

Oh, and as a note, I was so horrified when I read the first two sentences of your comment, I immediately looked up at the sig to see what disaster I had created and then felt much more relieved after reading the rest of your comment How scary the effect of the words from my signature sempai Wing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKawaiiAngelxX View Post
I luv the new ones.
All your signatures are so cute!! I can't criticize them.
Please keep working hard ! ^_^
Awww, thanks, but you know, there's always something to criticize and always room for improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
With regards to the sig I think the piano should be larger. Large enough to see the keys- because the sig looks a bit fat, when it should be more elegant (read: smaller width, greater length). That's just my amateurish opinion, though. =x
Hm, yes I agree, I will have to get around to doing that in a bit as well!
Spoiler for Off-topic once again:

Oh! And just for fun for one of my favorite movies of all time, a crop!:

(Will be unable to create sigs for the 3 weeks of xmas break, but I'll still browse and comment)
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote