View Single Post
Old 2010-12-18, 16:47   Link #315
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
aliens in a gundam show??

i don't think so.. to me, Gundam is about how cruel war can be, the stories of individuals who experienced the war and the very importance of peace.. adding aliens to it is kinda like....... not so realistic.. when in fact, Gundam always gives this kind of realistic vibe..

GUNDAM just needs a new concept but they better keep the realism intact...

SEED was a new kind of concept and if you look at our condition today, the causalities in SEED can happen in our society in the near future with the rising popularity of artificial pregnancies

maybe I'm biased because...

Spoiler for 00:
I understand your concern, and let me make this clear, I'm not saying Gundam has to have aliens (although the 00 movie seems to have them already, while Turn A and SEED hint at the possibility).

But look at it this way: Gundam is still science fiction. And when you have a science fiction story that shows humans living outside of earth, even while still inside the solar system, it's not all that strange to have aliens as well.

If we can accept fictional particles, psychics, ghosts, mutants, and super robot magics, not to mention the improbable mecha designs themselves, then I think an alien presence wouldn't tip the balance of realism too much in Gundam.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote