View Single Post
Old 2012-11-12, 17:19   Link #5333
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I dunno, time can heal wound and a remake will at least ease things a bit. I mean if they cut out many of the needless flashbacks and recap episodes they will have a ton of room to squeeze in development for Shinn, Lunamaria, Rey, Talia, and Durandal into the episodes. They all really could use some. Such as giving stronger hints of Shinn x Lunamaria earlier, Shinn getting much needed development/monologue, and Rey/Talia/Durandal.

Don't know what they can do about the complaints directed towards the returning cast though.
They already did that in Destiny Special Edition. Lunamaria was the one rescuing Shinn after he saved Stella and later she sees Shinn trying to calm Stella. Rey showed a noticeable change of attitude in the compilation movies. At first he was easygoing with Shinn and company, but when Athrun was escaping from ZAFT, Rey revealed a darker nature as he stated that Athrun should disappear from the world (in the TV series he simply didn't want him to mess up with Durandal). Athrun got the movie and the Destiny Edge manga to focus more on his mindset across the story and more memories about his father.

Kira was already one of the most mature characters in Destiny so he only got a sidestory in Destiny Edge in which it is explained how he did after being defeated by Shinn until seeing Lacus again.

Shinn has backstory chapters in Destiny Edge Desire alongside Rey and Lunamaria. They also reveal that the reason he starts crying with Lunamaria in the end of Destiny is because he realizes Rey died with Durandal and Thalia. In fact his cameo from SEED HD was based on a scene from the manga.

Durandal got the OVA to reveal his relationship with Rau and how the Destiny plans reflects his view on mankind and why he did not want to have a child with Talia (he did not trust future generations).

Considering how the OVA, the manga and the compilation films expanded the development of characters, I guess it would be very good if a HD version uses parts from all the media.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote