View Single Post
Old 2008-09-15, 20:31   Link #1018
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Sure they hang out. How often is she chillin' in his room talking to him. What about the Don Kanojie (too lazy to look up the spelling) event? They went as friends didn't they? Sure the majority of their time is spent killing things and talking about killing things but hey, everyone's gotta have a hobby right? Killing hollows is theirs - it's what they share in common which, if I'm not mistaken, is something friendships are built upon (common interests?). They both get off on it so leave 'em to it I say!

Edit: BleachOD - I'll be your friend *grins*
Every time we see them, as far as I can remember, in the room they are talking about "work" first and formost. And Ichigo and Rukia did not go to the Don's event as friends, Rukia went with Ichigo's friends, not him as he had told everyone that he wasn't comeing, and in less then 3 panels when he did show up with his family, they were talking about the "job" again. The one time he does some what open up to her about his mothers death is because she kept badgering him on about how she was killed and if a hollow did it. Kon even points out that up to that point it's always been hollow this and hollow that and how she'll lose friends if she only thinks of work.

But I'm not saying that they aren't friends, as the both clearly admit that they at least see each other as such but the only thing they ever seem to talk about is work. Where as Ichigo has a more normal relationship with Orihime, Chad and his other friends to a growing lesser extent since they aren't in on the secret. Orihime seems to be Rukia's closest friend right now.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.