View Single Post
Old 2008-05-01, 00:12   Link #201
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
Not to insult you, but I personally don't think the order a character appears in the credits is any real substantial evidence of their importance to the story. And when considering screen time, I think it's important to take into account the importance of the appearance or the impact it has. I made the joke earlier about C.C. eating pizza...what does this amount to? Absolutely nothing, but C.C.'s a fan favorite so why not have her in an unbelievable adorable scene where she's got a big strip of cheese hanging out of her mouth.
well then, that's your personal opinion. In which case I have my own personal opinion about C.C.'s importance to the story. I'm just trying to bring something somewhat objective into the discussion, since generally, the first set of names in any cast listing are indeed the lead characters.

And you're downplaying C.C. in the first 25 episodes, where she does indeed have more screentime than Kallen. 1 and 4 and 7 and 11 and 12 and 14 and 15 and 16 and 20 and 22 and 23 and 24 and 25 all have her playing important roles in the plot. about half the other episodes have scenes with tidbits on her personality like the odd conversations with the World of C. It's hardly just eating pizza.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote