View Single Post
Old 2009-05-10, 09:40   Link #73
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Another hunch: Psycho killer lady seems to know #1 to some extent. I expected the supporter to kill her in the last episode just like Kondo and Doc. But she didn't die. Is it possible that MR.OUTSIDE approves of what she is doig because she's killing NEETS?
Are you basing that off of the fat guy at the very start of the first episode? Maybe it's my terrible memory, but I don't remember her saying she only enjoys killing NEETS. It actually seems impulsive and random to me, plus she's apparently unconsciously (though quite open afterwards) doing it, and it would be weird for the unconscious killer killer inside of her to be targeting NEETs specifically. Neither Ossugi nor the dude next to him looked like NEET material either.

So at the point, I would actually approve the NEET reasoning, since then we can assume Mr. OUTSIDE really does think the NEETs are a huge problem to Japan. It would explain why he allows psycho lady to go and kill them off, and it would explain why he allow Akira to kidnap 20,000 of them and send them to Duban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Well, yeah you are right. It's even possible the supporter isn't as strict as we think and he only kills people who have depleted their full account, and the "rule" regarding that was just for urging the selecaos not to spend it for their own benefit.
In which case the brain surgeon guy was killed by someone else. It is entirely possible. Look at it this way: We've seen his full face now in episode 5, we've seen his hands, ring etc even in ep1, than why didn't they showed us anything of him in ep4? We cannot eliminate the possibility the murder was done by someone else than the supporter, maybe someone who acted on the Supporter's command, maybe even someone completely not directly related.
If that's right, we can also assume, that the reason the supporter isn't intervening with #11's nasty habit (and the reason he ignored Kondo until the end) is because he isn't as strict what they are spending the money on. He only comes after them, once they spent all of it. I sure hope #11 won't stick around for long, she didn't particularly won my sympathy so far with her obscene habit.

What's your take on the Johnny = past Akira theory?
These are also interesting points that you brought up. I really do hope the rule you're referring too isn't just a rule placed there for the sake of scaring the Selecao into using the money properly, because it doesn't seem to be working all that well. Pretty much all of the Selecao we've met up until have been ignoring that rule, using the money for their own personal desires. If Mr. Outside and the Supporter are strict enough to consider Hiura's actions personal satisfaction, then it doesn't make sense that people like psycho lady and Kondo are/were running out for so long. So in the end, it does seem like just a fake rule, or maybe there's just a big loophole that we don't know about yet. If that's really the case, it brings up my question from the very beginning about Mr. Outside's Selecao selection process...

Now as for the guy who killed Hiura, I really do think that's the actual Supporter. You bring up a good point in them showing so much of number 1 already, and not showing any of him when he "kills" number V. I think they're just trying to purposely throw us off, pointing all of the Supporter arrows at number 1 when he really isn't. There's no denying that number I isn't just another Selecao though, there is something about him that's different. My theory right now is that whoever killed Hiura is the real supporter, and number I is Mr. Outside. I do support the possibility that Hiura could have also been killed by someone inadvertently working for the Supporter, in a similar fashion to how Kondo died. If that were the case though, the only reason the face would be hidden was if it's some important character that's going to still play a future role in the series. Hell, it could even be psycho lady.

Speaking of which, I have a feeling she's going to be one of the Selecao who stick around for a while, maybe even become somewhat of an antagonist. She already looks like she's going to be the link between Akira's and Saki's stories, so why not?

And finally, I do think Johnny is Akira's past self, for reasons already touched upon by other members.