View Single Post
Old 2006-01-13, 08:00   Link #84
GX9900_NTlv9

Yes, there was action, but there's less ace vs ace mobile suit fighting than other gundam series, which makes it less appealing to those who like deathmatches. Other than the last battle, there are rarely any long duration one vs one mobile suit battles or melee range fighting. Tomino didn't want Turn A to be based on design and action, and I think he got abit too much and took out too much action and focused too much on story. People watch anime because they like action, action that can never be done in life-action, and not mainly for the story. Sure, action without story makes an anime dull, but so does an anime with no action.

In my case, unless you really like Turn A's story, the action isn't at all appealing compared to the previous gundam series. Yes, some of you might want to deny this and say that Turn A has lots of action sequences as well, but comparing to the rest, the battles are way too boring. This is why I recommend only people who like interesting plots and not mobile suit fighting itself to watch this film.

For those who like action but not as much of story, I would recommend Gundam X, it really has some great battle sequences that are worth watching, and the story was pretty good, right until the last few episodes which I had no idea what it was trying to say. (The DOME, or whatever it is, just confuses me.)

For those who like action mixed with story, Mobile suit Gundam is your choice (I personally like this alot, comedy, character development, action) but bare in mind that this is a rather old series and the graphic quality might not be what you would expect. A newer but more serious counterpart would be V Gundam, with better graphic qualities and action sequences, but the amount of deaths with secondary characters can sometimes be annoying. If you wish to find out more about newtypes, Z gundam would also be a good choice.

For people who like comedy, ZZ Gundam would be the best choice, but can it sometimes seem goofy..

If you like pure gundam coolness but a story that makes no sense, go for Gundam Wing. (otherwise known as boyband gundam)

And if you don't care about action and would rather have a good story, Turn A is your choice, otherwise, you might as well read a book..
GX9900_NTlv9 is offline   Reply With Quote