View Single Post
Old 2006-01-13, 15:10   Link #88
Blaat

Turn A Gundam not being a Gundam argument has a few flaws. Its created by a person who created Gundam it self so if he says this show is a Gundam then its pretty much a Gundam (sounds lame but its true). Second point this show still continues the standard Mother Earth vs Space setting, except with a twist where the people in space want to return and live on Earth.

Final point: what makes a mecha show a Gundam? I can only think of having a red, white, blue/black, yellow mecha called a Gundam and a conflict between governments, races whatever. So what's left? Taking place in a futuristic setting? Well it is, the Moon has cities and humans living on it and Earth is simply following Einstein's famous quote: "I do not know how the Third World War will be fought, but I can tell you what they will use in the Fourth—rocks!"
So what's left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugZilla
But the fact is Turn A is more fantasy, less sci-fi, unlike Gundam.
I'm sorry you're wrong. Turn A is pretty much a SF not a fantasy (steampunk genre if I'm not mistaken). Actually I can't recall any fantasy elements what so ever (can you point out some examples where Turn A is cleary a fantasy genre) unless you count technology that can never happen but if you do that all the Gundams are nothing but fantasy.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote