View Single Post
Old 2006-12-10, 01:47   Link #754
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind View Post
In other news, Tomo kataoka just announced on the stage nana bbs that the scenario for narcissu 2nd is now complete. Now it’s only a matter of getting the recording done before the C71. *excited*

http://stage-nana.telnet.or.jp/wcs2/easywcs.cgi?DIR=2
I was more amused by the fact that New York gaijin Randy was the first person to reply to his post.

Still, 2nd side has been in the making for almost a year now, it's good to know the wait is almost over.

=======================
Here are some ef information from Nitro Yusenshiki that was revealed during the minori trial version distribution/talk event tour, some of which I found to be interesting.

- Most of the profits from Wind, Haru no Ashioto, and ANGEL TYPE are being poured into ef.
- It took about 40 million yen just to press the first fan disk and the maxi single disk (of the OP/ED theme).
- They ran out of funds, so they went and made a 50 million yen (About 430,000 USD) loan.
- The game's scenario is not all that long.
- In exchange for a large number of artworks, they cut the scenario volume down. The idea is to aim for a movie-like experience.
- ef's total CG number is about 400~500.
- The length of the scenario shouldn't determine a game's quality, it's all about how much the completed product entertains you. A game that can be completed within 16~18 hours is also far friendlier for the working-class people.
- They have gotten mails such as "please sell me an instruction manual and user leaflet" or "please sell me the game box", even moronic ones like "tell me how to get the game to install from a disk image". That's when they began working with ISPs and police in Japan to stop P2P distributions.
- There has been a number of offers for an anime adaptation of ef, but they were all turned down.
- They don't dislike any soft houses in particular.
- If any, then probably TYPE-MOON for having so much money it's irritating.
- Envious of KID for being able to borrow 500 million yen.
- Mikage's (scenario writer, also director of ef) material gathering trip to Germany through Moscow costed 58,000 yen + various expenses for a total of 100 thousand yen.
- Stood helplessly at Moscow airport.
- Doesn't understand German, so he stayed at the same hotel throughout all the location shoots.
- A chicken who escapes back to the hotel as soon as he got the photos he needed.
- Slept on a bench in Moscow airport for 20 hours waiting for the return flight.
Not a lot of good memories of Moscow airport, it seems.

=======================
Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no

Raking in some impressive ratings. I'm intrigued at the constant mentioning of just how cool the main character is. The trial version was quite pleasant. The scenario appears to be a good mix of light and heavy developments. Miyabi is quite dangerously moe too. ( ・ω・ )

Maybe I'll give it a try...
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote