View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 21:32   Link #48
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
I wish people would stop calling her that, thank you for at least saying you're not serious. She's made it quite clear on numerous occasions that there's much more to it than that, and that her heart even now remains where it's always been.
Noooo I love reading Triple's posts about Chiyu's... let's just say 'oblivious' personality, don't dissuade him. I find it annoying whenever people reduce good characters down to a single trait or running joke (The 'Akarin has no presence' joke wore out its welcome for me a long time ago, she's a good character for more reasons than just that one gag), but there's a cukolding vibe to pretty much every scene Chiyu's involved in outside the Accel World, so it's natural that people talk about it so much. For what it's worth, I think Chiyu's an interesting character; her sensitive and girly girl personality is pretty endearing, and she's very frank and emotionally raw. I could actually see her degenerating into someone like Niko if she had a similarly lonely and painful background.

I'm pretty sure that Haru's decision not to report Noumi has nothing to do with arrogance, Shima, but mercy. Haru's starting to gain a sense of compassion for Noumi, as made obvious by his conversation with Taku, and I think he's simply a good person that doesn't want to ruin someone's life unless it's absolutely necessary. At this point, I don't think Haru's arrogant nor particularly down on himself like he was at the series' beginning; I think he has a pretty healthy sense of self-respect and self-confidence.