Thread: Licensed Needless
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-05, 10:52   Link #68
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I think the linchpin of whether the show succeeds on a large scale is going to be Cruz. If he becomes a punching bag for the fans as a sort of whiny counterpoint to the other strong characters, there's only so far the show can go. If he has a real character arc an becomes someone who can stand up for himself, things could get really good. It's worth noting (and I'm not suggesting a ripoff, merely a valid comparison) that it was Simon that had to carry TTGL for 27 eps, not Kamina. If he hadn't been the great character he was the show would never have advanced past "pretty good". I'm not saying Cruz has to go all super-saiyan next week, but let's hope we see some real development.
Simon was the very real example I had in mind. I mean his development was interesting and it gave much to the show: it would have been pointless if Simon would have remained the same spineless guy for all of the series. I have your same hope: Cruz must become strong! Otherwise what's the point of putting him as the first character in the OP?
Anyway can some manga reader tell me if Cruz will become strong or not, even with PM? Thanks!
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote