Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Free!
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-07, 07:42   Link #622
Blonto

I have to add that I completely agree with Reckoner regarding the discussion on girly guys. Anyone who doesn't see how these guys act like moeblobs probably hasn't ever been around normal guys in her life. And don't use that excuse "Japan is different" or "this isn't supposed to be realistic". There's a difference between making people act unrealistic for the purposes of creativity or emphasis and making them act downright opposite of what anyone in real life acts, especially when you make the whole cast like that. It breaks my immersion and makes me feel uncomfortable because these characters feel like aliens and not in the least like anyone from real life. It's like making a child act like an adult and expecting the audience to accept it just because other characters treat it as normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
By the way, what's up with the grandma's phrase? At 20 you become ordinary? The grandma sure was an optimistic person
You reminded me of the only thing I truly liked in this show, because it's the same thing my father used to tell me, except my talent is drawing. What he meant is that seeing a 12 year old good artist is not the same as seeing a good artist in his twenties and that I should do something with my talent while I still have time and will for it (and while my competition is still weak, heh). I'm guessing that's what the grandma in the show meant.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote