View Single Post
Old 2010-06-17, 11:18   Link #11216
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Determining whether wounds were inflicted before or after death may also not require a lab.

Not that Nanjo can be expected to be qualified in either, though.
Even if Nanjo's credibility were not in question due to unrelated incidents (which it is), he's so blitheringly incompetent as a physician that I can't trust any diagnosis of his that isn't backed up by red. In which case he was probably correct by coincidence.

I don't know if ryukishi just doesn't know much about medical practice, or if the goal is to write Nanjo exactly like an incompetent and poorly-researched mystery novel doctor. Either way, his practice and manner are absurdly improper, especially with respect to the two living patients he's had in the games.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I always kind of got the sense from Nanjo Jr. that he was pretty bitter toward his dad, and not just because he got killed. It could be that the payoff money (which Jr. had the moral fortitude to refuse) convinced him his father was up to something crooked. But maybe he just was glad his dad wasn't around anymore to screw up the family practice.

Would you trust him to be your doctor?
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote