View Single Post
Old 2013-02-10, 17:44   Link #114
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Chapter 42

Hmm, well this chapter didn't really go where I thought it would.

It seemed like Saeki just wanted to confirm that Kasuga is living a miserable life since it 'serves him right' for making her unhappy. The only reason she's 'disappointed' is because if he's not with Nakamura, then everything she suffered through was for nothing. Didn't really get the impression we'll see her again.

Kasuga claims that all this time he's had no reason to live (not sure why he didn't finish the job and kill himself). I'm assuming he cried at the end because Nakamura pushing him off the stage meant she totally rejected him - so no reason to try and track her down. She doesn't care about him, and never did. So if he believes what Saeki said (that he will make Tokiwa unhappy), then he will stop seeing her.

As for Touji, I'm not sure why everyone assumes he's going to kidnap Tokiwa or do something weird. Everything we've seen so far indicates to me that he's a pretty normal, popular, (jealous/insecure), high-school boy. He realized he's in the wrong, and wants to be a stand-up guy & apologize. I doubt Tokiwa would be dating him for a whole year if he had any psycho tendencies.

All those things taken together would mean we're going back to the status-quo from the beginning of this arc. However, as Akard says, that's boring. So I have no clue where the story's going to go from here...