View Single Post
Old 2011-02-18, 00:34   Link #59
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
You seem to assume I do not watch for fun, which I actually do. If a series doesn't entertain me (or enthrall me with other emotions, like suspense and whatnot), I would hardly follow it.
Suffice to say, nothing stop you from being slightly critical and neutral: I have a lot of series I've liked, but that doesn't mean I overlook their flaws, and inversely, there are shows I disliked to no end but can't deny their good points.

That said, there are flaws that just impair such entertainment. You might overlook them, but I doubt people all do the same, and they don't need to be "technical". If I was so technical, you would hardly see me watching Madoka for instance (hell, I would have stopped at the first episode of Higurashi... the first season is probably one of their cheapest stuff ever).
There is no "perfect" anime series of course, but that doesn't mean you can't critique the series accordingly.

Defining a good series is always difficult, but I see no reason not to give credits and rotten tomatoes to the studio, regardless if you liked/disliked the show.
the way you review anime, in fact most of you post. show the you seem a technical stoic person. i mean there is barely feeling of "emotion" in there. obviously i understand that you sometimes criticize the technical aspect of an anime. but it seem you take that bit serious. i can be wrong obviously. since we are on internet. you can simply hide your personality.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote