Thread: Crunchyroll Kimi to Boku. (seasons 1-2)
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-04, 05:00   Link #47
Kakkou
Tch.

Aside from Shun, I don't see how the other three aren't acting masculine or 'like authentic teenaged males'. Heck, I know a guy who is a little like Shun, long hair, soft voice and everything. Sure they're not the paragon of what is defined as manly but I think it's unfair to call them girls. As a guy myself, I find most of their interactions similar to my own experiences or at the very least relatable to some degree. It's that very reason I found the manga enjoyable enough to be hyped up over the anime. Perhaps this is a cultural problem where such behaviour or traits are uncommon.

Another thing which I liked was that unlike a certain tea and cake slice-of-life with occasional music show, KB also acknowledges the opposite gender as side characters that interact with the main cast and everything. Having said that, I won't deny that KB's main audience is definitely towards girls and that there is a little of what can be seen as homolust here and there but that does not make KB inaccessible to guys either. It's also most definitely not BL (well, Akira is suspect but I'd like to think I just haven't read enough).

Anyway as for the episode itself, I liked it. It kept with the slow and uneventful pace of the manga and the characters had the same charm I enjoyed. The cat scenes are new but they worked. Definitely something for cat lovers to enjoy in between. The anime cast for the main boys definitely worked well, moreso since they were voiced by male voice actors. Looking forward to Miyu Irino's Chizuru and how Yuki Kaji will handle Akira. As for their kindergarten selves, I think the drama cd cast would have worked better. Kousuke Toriumi worked rather well as Azuma-sensei that I actually thought he was Showtaro Morikubo for a split second. Production wise, it does the job. If I had to complain, I'd say they abused the insert song and it's various instrumental versions throughout the ep too much. It's nice and all but surely they have more pieces they could use? Waiting for episode 2 to come~
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Have yet to watch this, but apparently the manga is published in a shonen magazine, so it was supposed to be aimed at boys.
To be precise it's serialised in G-Fantasy, which is also home to Kuroshitsuji, Pandora Hearts and Nabari no Ou. Take of that what you will.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote