View Single Post
Old 2010-01-02, 00:04   Link #698
Submerged

[QUOTE=kamyu;2848973]well he was able to pop out of his body easily enough now so he could've done much the same 20 years ago. that puts a minimum on his timeline, but not necessarily a maximum. [quote]

Doubt he'd need it when he was still in service. 1) aren't those type of gigai illegal? and 2)what purpose would it serve being a shinigami with a riatsu blocking body? Plus, Urahara said he's turned his back on it, so i don't think he was pulling a Batman at night.

Quote:
even rukia knew of urahara (though perhaps not as an ex-captain at first). ikkaku knew of him too (during his fight with ichigo he knew the name). urahara was only banished. he wasn't a hunted criminal. it was even implied that aizen knew exactly where urahara was living since he knew where urahara's senkai gate would open.
They knew of him b/c of his history in SS, which IMO makes it all the more weird they(namely Rukia) know of kisuke from 100 years ago, but not Isshin.

Quote:
except we don't know who was kenpachi before zaraki or during the period 100 years ago. remember, kenpachi is just a title.
and for that matter, zaraki is a district. the man we call zaraki kenpachi has no actual name (and is more properly/originally "the kenpachi of zaraki").
Yeah, I know it's really suppose to be Kenpachi of Zaraki....
Wait, I thought we were talking about the captain? LOL I didn't know Zaraki actually killed someone or not for that title. I just remember him saying the strongest took the name kenpachi, so he began calling himself that.

Quote:
why? what dots are there to connect if they think he is long dead?
with that thinking, they would be far more likely to conclude that urahara is ichigo's father (and yoruichi his mother?) since soul society knows that he is alive.
Not necessarily. although it became obvious pretty fast who in the real world was helping him.

I guess i should point out I was looking at this from the view of what if Isshin was RG. it may better explain my wondering.

Last edited by Submerged; 2010-01-02 at 00:19.