View Single Post
Old 2012-10-28, 00:14   Link #188
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

So after finally watching episode 4 I really believe they are going the "No Loop, No Romance" route with the common route mixed in with the girls's personal routes which may come along one at the time. I'm pretty damn sure there won't be any loops, the way they are mixing the routes with the common route makes it hard to make loops happen UNLESS they pull something like scenes where the girls act differently after their route is finished and there's a loop (for example, Haruka getting along with her sister after her route finishes and the world loops over or Komari casually mentioning her brother) but I highly doubt this will be done. Even if it were done...it would leave a bad taste in my mouth.
I seriously fear how they will handle certain routes without loops...

I certainly did not like how all the Little Busters went together to the old folks home, to me it was a clear message that they plan on involving the rest of the LB group in the girl's routes so as to not form any bonds beyond friendship between Riki and the girls. As stated before the romance between Riki and the girls is not a necessary factor in about half of the girl routes but nevertheless I still viewed it as important overall. I liked the relationships Riki formed with the girls each in different ways but I have a feeling what will happen here will be that Rin will be put on a Canon Couple Pedestal...this annoys me despite loving Rin myself (then again I love all the LB girls). How are they even gonna do Anego's route without romance between Riki and Anego? Having her not want to lose the whole team instead of just Riki...I suppose that could work but it would greatly hurt the experience.

After this episode...it is the first time I seriously fear for the direction this anime is heading. Of course this could be the VN player in me but I not only liked the linearity, relationships and looping but I feel them to be incredibly important.
That said I am also aware of the time restrictions, the anime will have what? 24 or 26 episodes? And judging by the way things are going with Komari's route, I'm guessing each route should be 3 episodes long? That makes it 15 episodes for the 5 girls routes, leaving around 10 episodes for the Rin routes, baseball match and refrain. Rin1 can be done in an episode, but Rin2 might need 2 or 3 episodes, let's say then we have an episode for the baseball match, leaving 5 or 6 episodes for Refrain which isn't a small easy to handle part of the plot xD. I seriously dunno how they'll handle it and I fear for the anime.

Again, it could be the VN player in me speaking but the common route and the little things that happen within it are part of what makes LB such a good story. We have the common route that sees the building of the new LB team, their interactions and their bonds growing. Then in each girl route we see Riki grow closer to the girls while growing stronger. Finally in Refrain we see the bond between the original members of the team and Riki's strength in putting the team back together. This all is so important but if they just blitz through content it's gonna hurt the VN side of me like a kick in the nuts xD

Honestly as I've said before I'll keep giving the anime a chance without much complaining, I rather like how it's going so far (despite some of the changes making me turn my head a bit). I'll stick around to see what happens after Komari's route is done, if they loop, if they jump into another route with the common route mixed in or whatever they plan on doing...only then will I decide if I continue watching or not (and scrub the memory of the anime from my head). That's just how important the VN has been to me, I rather not have an anime if it can't be faithful to the VN.