View Single Post
Old 2013-04-05, 12:21   Link #3698
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Well said, Wild Goose. That is why even though I know my view is not canon to the creators, I still believe the Conduit was a Reaper trap. That the only reason we can't beat the Reapers was because we were using valuable resources for building a weapon Reapers wanted us to make.

People are free to disagree. I am just saying that's what it looks like on my end.

Quote:
In essence the Destroy ending is also based on the hope that a conflict between Organics and Synthetics will not occur in the future. Which, as I said, will result in the Organics losing simply because they are organics and not machines.
The Destroy ending has NO HOPE. Conflicts would always happen, it doesn't matter what the two sides are made of. To even argue about the Organic vs Synthetic angle is to fall into a straw man argument. There is NO reason for two aliens species to kill each other just because they are different from one another. And if there was going to be a war between machines and organics, who is to say organics didn't start it?

"There might be a war in the future between A and B, so we need to kill B to make sure A can't die out!" is not an argument. Because that assumes race A deserved to win. That somehow race A are victims and not the villains. And we just can't assume that.

Destroy is the least immoral of the three initial endings. But it is still immoral. Because it still assumed that Reapers are justified in wiping out machines, and you are finishing their prime directive for them.