View Single Post
Old 2013-04-25, 16:33   Link #236
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
There are certainly girls in real life who exhibit certain "tsundere" traits but they are definitely much milder than displayed in anime.

What puzzles me is if most people here say they wouldn't like a real-life tsundere, why would they like one in anime? I mean, would they enjoy being treated like the protagonist of a romance anime.

In case it's not clear yet, I don't like tsunderes in real life and I hate them even more in anime (since those qualities that make them tsundere are exaggerated to the extreme).
You'd be surprised how many people actually like Tsundres in anime *and* in real life. I'm in the same boat as you, I can't for the life of me understand why and how a Tsundre is appealing. Hell, I know of one Anime based web admin that constantly reminds his readers that Tsundres are a huge turn-on for him. Personally I can't stand them, in fact more often than not I feel like punching their lights out. For me, an abusive relationship is an abusive relationship no matter who the person is or their gender. I'm an "old school" romantic man at heart and I believe in dedicated, loving, nurturing, and non-abusive relationships. I suppose some people find this boring so they incorporate the stereotypical "Hot tempered" girlfriend.

As for the original topic, whether a Tsundre can exist in real life......well, I don't know about right now (at least in the west) but back when I was in school you'd be hard pressed to find a girl with an abusive mindset. And even then, they were nowhere near as bad as the stereotypical Tsundre. And as for Japan, from what I have read (and people's supposed testimony of their time in Japan) finding an aggressive girl there is actually rare. Even more so than in the West (and in the west there really aren't that many aggressive women), but seeing as how popular Tsundres have gotten in Japan that might change.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote