View Single Post
Old 2009-07-22, 15:45   Link #28
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelii View Post
I'm actually only familiar with Phoenix and Battler filling that archetype, but if you know of others, I'd be happy to learn. It would be irresponsible of me to be claiming what I am if there are more examples out there. (Not trying to challenge you, I'm genuinely interested to find out who else there is. As I said, I'm only familiar with the two.)
I probably should've said "or" instead of "and"...
I just meant that all of the things you pointed out could be attributes of a lot of characters. Nothing super special (other than maybe the pointing thing) stands out, like how in Higurashi Chie was an obvious parody character of Tsukihime's Ciel. That was a much more blatant example though.

I just wouldn't have used those qualities as anything that seems to point out inspiration. Battler and Phoenix have two totally different personalities and situations to me, and when it comes to character design, the only thing they share is spiky hair (which MANY MANY anime characters have, the style is even completely different) and a suit (which a lot of men wear in real life and anime, also the occasion seems to call for it this time). Their passion to do what they believe in is what drives the story to continue, much like with many other stories.

That's all I was trying to say.