View Single Post
Old 2013-11-26, 19:04   Link #72
Dark_Ritual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
I know Togashi is a fan of Jojo and based at least two characters (one being Hisoka, the other one I don't remember) on some Jojo-chars.
This fact got me interested in it, but honestly, I quit after Jojo's son got to the Nazis in Mexico (Was it Mexico?), because I was totally bored.

Those hyper-muscled designs, Dio always miraculously surviving, funny character growths, which seemed shallow and, what got on my nerves the most: the fights had to be explained by the fighting characters because it seemed like the drawings couldn't tell, what was going on.
About the fighting system: Perhaps there is a deeper introduction later on, but all I remember was this ripple thingy, which most times, didn't make any sense to me.

Right now, I'm searching for something similar to OP, HxH, Psyren, Breaker, Holyland, Shamo, Berserk, Basilisk, Death Note, the early Bloody Monday or Veritas to kill my spare time with.
You seem to be a great fan of the series (Jojo) and perhaps it hits the fan later on, so would you mind telling me, if it gets better? It's perhaps best, to use PM, so we don't bother the others

----
Sanji taking on Trebol seems valid. But I have problems imagining that slug fighting at all
Then I will recommend you to read "Noblesse" and "Ability". Especially Noblesse is a most, if you don't like it then come punch me in the face, just ignore the art for one arc...