View Single Post
Old 2004-03-02, 23:34   Link #18
daimonth
Kohaku Law Firm

I really liked 仙劍 1 (ah back in the old MS Dos days... 12.. 5 inch diskettes >_> 仙劍 3 was pretty good as well though I don't think the story is as emotional as the first one. All the Jing Yong games were pretty good too but that is only because I liked the original story so much and playing it over gives you a slight different feeling than reading the novel again. One Jing Yong RPG that really worth mentioning is 金庸奇俠傳, a joint of all Jing Yongs novels, story and characters that allow the players freedom in building up your character, and matching it with your favourite moves. This is also the rpg that later spawned several similar types like 古龍, 武林奇俠傳.

天地劫 series has to be one of the best chinese rpg I have ever played on computer. The first one was a SRPG that delivers both a tremendous story and excellent game play(the good end took me forever to get ~_~). The second one inthe series: 幽城幻劍錄 is a more traditional rpg with great story which I throughly enjoyed. I have yet played the third one but I plan on getting it soon XD.
daimonth is offline   Reply With Quote