View Single Post
Old 2011-04-18, 21:45   Link #69
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Rurouni Kenshin was the first anime I ever watched, even before the Pokemon anime. Thus, I owe it a lot for the anime fan I am now. The best parts have persevered over the years and I still consider it a great anime if I ignore the filler and padding.

Hopefully, this will be a remake like what happened with FMA. The Tokyo arc in the original series was mostly quite bad, with several random stories that I couldn't give a darn about. One case in point: the sumo wrestler story was simply awful. Even the stories which introduced the main characters felt weak at a few points. As I didn't read the manga, I'm not sure how much of the Tokyo arc was filler and how much was taken from the manga. If the new anime is a remake, I hope it can improve on this arc and cut out the worst and most pointless parts.

Now the Kyoto arc was where the original anime really hit its stride and became a memorable series. To see it adapted well with updated animation would be glorious. And of course, whether it's a full remake or not, the remake should include the final arc, which I still haven't read in the manga and maybe won't even need a reason to read if the new anime is good enough.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote