View Single Post
Old 2012-11-16, 06:02   Link #31
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
him or joker who is worse? i think they are both very similar to each other but unlike joker that really go out and declare himself in the open, makishima is more calculating and manipulating bastard that only most of the time stay in the background, only come out to manipulate the "victim" to kill other so i think he is worse...
I second the choice of Alfred's quote to describe Makishima. He's far from being a saviour. It's a bit too soon to compare him to the Joker though. For starters, I don't think this story will be built the same way, "where an unstoppable force meets an immovable object". Given the moral ambiguity presented by the Sibyl System (yes, I meant no causal link "between genes and crime coefficient"; I was typing from memory and got it wrong, my mistake), it could hardly be said that Makishima is opposing an absolute good.

Sure, the Dark Knight was hardly pure white either, but he stood for something universal: justice.

Unlike the Joker, Makishima is not as crass, not as outwardly violent. Makishima reminds me more of Hannibal Lecter, a highly dangerous man with an extremely twisted intelligence, and who also enjoyed toying with other people's minds.