View Single Post
Old 2009-06-24, 08:24   Link #33
marvelB

Heh, once again Bon Clay shows how awesome he is. Yeah, he'll most likely survive his encounter with Magellan, but if (and it's a really big if) he doesn't, well..... it was already said in this thread that this would be an good point for him to bite it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Also, Luffy deciding not to attempt to save Bon Clay was an amazing display of character growth (similar to what Blackbeard D. Kuma was talking about earlier).

I think I was actually more impressed that Luffy didn't cry after finding out about Bon's decision to stay behind. Just compare that to Alabasta, where he DID cry after Bon's sacrifice at that time. To me, THAT was a better example of character growth than Luffy deciding not to go save his friend.....

Anyways, the last line of the chapter definitely has me stoked. Not only does this clear the way for a potential rematch between Luffy and Magellan at Marineford, but the line is most certainly referring to Blackbeard, as well. I hope this means that we'll see a poison-free Blackbeard crew in level 6 next chapter.....

Oh, and nobody mentioned the ministory? It focuses on Franky after all! He's being chased by a bunch of goofy cyborg animals. I rather like gorilla cyborg, myself.

...And it looks like we STILL haven't found out when Bon touched Magellan's face yet. Looks like we'll find out when either the full summary or chapter itself comes out.....

Edit: Oh wait, Luffy DID cry. I missed it earlier since I kinda skimmed through the pics. Ah well, nothing wrong with some manly tears! I like how even Buggy and Mr. 3 are crying for him, too. I guess they regret ditching him at level 5 earlier.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-06-24 at 08:37.