View Single Post
Old 2007-12-24, 02:24   Link #60
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
And since Louise's mom knows someone from AEU,perhaps she will introduce him to work there against CB.
How was this revealed? Was it in this episode? I couldn't catch it the first time through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
-As it is said by Rasa, there are people who don't like change, and that might account for the reason why oil is still being used as a primary source of energy. Of course, that would mean becoming 'backward' again, though the people might not realise it due to their devotion to their 'God'. Perhaps using their own resources has some significant religious meaning.
Perhaps, but I think (at least among some of the conservatives, perhaps those behind this coup de'tat) that religion is just one of the tools being used as an excuse to hide some people's own personal agenda, be it political or economical (like Ali's apparent motivation) or of some other nature.

And IIRC, historically Islam (assuming that's the religion being used in 00's Azadistan) has been known to thrive along side commerce (among other things). And the very nature of commerce is to recognize the value of foreign goods (like resources). Of course, with the regulation on their own resource by the UN, I guess some hostility towards the UN and other foreign influences could be expected.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote