View Single Post
Old 2010-01-19, 07:46   Link #918
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Jessica would be a possible candidate would it not be for the flashback in EP6, which in my opinion completely brushes her off. She's always shown receiving a phone-call from Battler at the beginning (i.e. before they all land in Rokkenjima), meaning she knows he'll be there. And, unlike Shannon, she does pay him some attention, even if they're just having fun. Not to mention Jessica mentioned the whole deal about creating a different self, in EP2.
Jessica got the phone call in 1986, presumably a few days before the conference. I think by that point everyone would have known in the house. And the 'other' part mentioned is 'Jessie' which she uses at school, not a 'Beatrice'.

As for the entire 'Shannon doesn't love Battler' debate, I agree. She did love him, but not anymore. In the monologue the girl says that she created Beatrice to love Battler because she could not. The girl poured all her feelings into an imaginary being Beatrice and finally moved on from Battler. If it's Shannon then she moved onto George and fell in love with him.